Services at West Hartford Chiropractic
At West Hartford Chiropractic, we treat the body as a whole! Our skilled, knowledgeable chiropractors have years of experience treating patients with natural, holistic, non-invasive techniques. From spinal adjustments to nutrition counseling, we can help you achieve optimal health for full body potential.
Chiropractic Care and Therapeutic Techniques
- Spinal adjustments. Chiropractors use chiropractic adjustments to realign the vertebrae of the spine. Spinal adjustment helps to boost immune function, increase flexibility and decrease pain. Our techniques include Thompson technique, upper cervical specific, cranio-sacral technique, Webster technique and more to reset and normalize the function of nervous system, and remove any interference of the nerve signal coming from the brain through the peripheral nervous system to the rest of the body. This system allows for the body to function at optimal health and express its natural healing capabilities. Our chiropractors also use various physical therapy modalities to further help with decreased inflammation, swelling, and pain, as well as increase range of motion, muscle strength, and endurance.
- Physical therapy. We teach our patients to perform stretches and exercises to reduce muscle stiffness, improve mobility, strengthen weakened muscles and improve blood flow to injured areas of the body. Physical therapy is used to help patients recover from injuries and regain normal functioning after accidents. Techniques that we offer: Soft Laser Therapy , Interferential Therapy (I.F.C.), High Voltage Therapy( H.V.), Electro Muscle Stimulation (EMS), T.E.N.S., Ultrasound , Myofascial Release, Chryotherapy, Moist Heat Therapy ( Hot Packs), Intersegmental Traction, Weight Bearing Ambulatory Traction (VerteTrac), KinesioTaping.
- Acute or Chronic Pain. Pain and discomfort, either due to recent injury or a chronic condition, are excellent reasons for you to visit West Hartford Chiropractic to determine the most effective course of treatment.
- Rehabilitation. Restoration of function despite physical disability. Development of a person to its fullest physical, psychological, social, vocational, and educational potential consistent with his/her physical or anatomical impairments.
- Wellness. An active healthy balance of the mind-body and spirit that results in an overall feeling of healthy in body, mind and spirit. From an alternative medicine perspective- being much more than just disease free. It is the concept of practicing all the things that keep one well and involves maintaining good nutrition, exercise, stress-control, and good personal and familial social relationships.
- Spinal and postural screenings. Poor posture can lead to back pain, neck pain and decreased functioning of the central nervous system. Our spinal and postural screenings help us identify these problems so you can get the treatment you need.
- Cold laser therapy. Cold laser therapy is a gentle technique we use to accelerate tissue healing by increasing the cell metabolism rate, increasing tissue energy development, decreasing inflammation, increasing cellular regeneration, and increasing production of new blood vessels production (neo-vascularization) without pain. This technique speeds the healing process exponentially.
- Ultrasound. Reduces inflammation, pain, and swelling for various muscle ligaments, joint, and disc pain with increased ability of the cell for nourishment and disposable of waste product, aslo referred to as increased cell permeability. Ultrasound therapy also helps our patients recover from problems like muscle strain. It is used by physical therapists to restore movement to stiff and damaged muscles.
- Prenatal chiropractic care. Women go through many changes during pregnancy. From neck pain, lower back pain, upper back pain, groin pain, sleep discomfort, and gate problems, many women find pregnancy to be physically uncomfortable. At West Hartford Chiropractic, our chiropractors help pregnant women stay healthy during pregnancy. In addition, chiropractic care helps the baby to develop comfortably and move freely in preparation for delivery amidst the changing posture and increased baby size. With Webster Technique, we improve overall nervous system function, allowing for a comfortable, natural and safe pregnancy, labor, and delivery for the mother and child.
- Pediatric chiropractic care. Our chiropractors are board eligible to diagnose and treat infants and children. We help allow the nervous system to adapt to change associated with child growth and development, ADD, ADHD, Autism, breastfeeding issues, ear infections and more.
- Reiki. Reiki is a treatment that transmits energy and healing to the patient through the power of touch.
- Advanced Diagnostic Methods
Computerized Static Surface EMG (SSEMG)
Computerized Dynamic Surface EMG ( DSEMG)
Computerized Pain Algometry
Computerized 3 Dimensional Bluetooth Range of Motion Inclinometry
Computerized Pulse Wave Profiler (PWP)
Computerized Foot Scan- to help with conditions of the feet, short leg, or uneven pelvis, to properly diagnose and electronically cast an orthotics/ heel lif or both to fix the problem.
Direct Digital X Ray ( The only Chiropractic Office in the Farmington Valley).
Conditions Treated By Our West Hartford Chiropractors
Our chiropractors care for various conditions, to meet the needs of our diverse patient population of West Hartford, Simsbury, Avon, Canton, Hartford, Bloomfield, Farmington, Glastonbury and Newington. Some of the most common conditions we treat include:
We help children, seniors and pregnant mothers, so the whole family is healthy and have full body potential.
Contact Us Today for an Evaluation and Appointment
At West Hartford Chiropractic, we help patients in West Hartford, Simsbury, Avon, Canton, Hartford, Bloomfield, Farmington, Glastonbury and Newington. Whether you're suffering from chronic pain, a musculoskeletal condition or a common illness, we can help your body manifest through optimal health. To find out more about our services or to see our chiropractor, contact us for an appointment today at 860-232-5556.