Pain can be both helpful and destructive. As a neurological warning system, it can alert you to an acute injury or other internal/external ailments that requires attention, immobilization, or rest in order to heal properly. Sometimes pain continues long after the condition that bought it about has vanished, or sometimes that underlying condition never goes away. The result is an annoying, unproductive state known as chronic pain. Don't assume, however, that chronic pain automatically means a lifetime spent on painkilling drugs. Here at West Hartford Chiropractic, we can help you get the upper hand over your symptoms safely, naturally, and non-pharmaceutically.
Chronic Pain Causes and Conditions
Pain is your body's way of telling you that something is wrong. We categorize pain according to its duration, with the two primary categories being acute pain and chronic pain. Acute pain typically strikes immediately as an accompaniment to acute injury or illness. As intense as this pain may be, it goes away once the underlying cause has been resolved. By contrast, chronic pain continues for months, and if the condition causing the pain cannot be reversed or resolved, the pain may even plague you for life. Common conditions that cause chronic pain include:
- Fibromyalgia and other problems associated with chronic muscle knots and trigger points
- Tendinitis and muscle pain caused by overuse and repetitive motion
- Neck problems that create chronic headaches
- Degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, sponylolisthesis, and other chronic spinal problems
- Pinched nerve syndromes such as sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, tarsal tunnel syndrome, and cervical radiculopathy
- An old injury that has developed tissue-restricting areas of scarring (adhesions)
- Longtime postural issues and alignment problems
Safe, Natural Treatment and Pain Management Strategies
You don't have to white-knuckle your way through a life of chronic pain, nor do you have to numb your body and mind with potentially harmful drugs just to get through the day. Our chiropractic team can evaluate your baseline health and medical history while checking your musculoskeletal system for the exact cause of your pain. Even if this cause cannot be eliminated, our all-natural treatment techniques can give you a safe, effective pain management plan. We combine chiropractic adjustment with cold laser therapy to soothe your nerves, joints, and soft tissues without medication.
Talk to Any Chiropractor on Our West Hartford Team
Any chiropractor on our team will be happy to help you take charge of your chronic pain condition. Call West Hartford Chiropractic at (860) 232-5556 to set up a consultation and learn more about your pain management options!