After a car accident, it’s not unusual to experience headaches. Head pain is a sign to tell you that something is wrong with your body. Headaches could be a symptom of whiplash, neck pain, or a concussion. If you are experiencing headaches after a car accident, chiropractic care can help. If you are in West Harford, CT, West Hartford Chiropractic LLC is here to provide the testing and treatment you need for natural relief from your headaches post-accident.
Common Causes of Headaches after a Car Accident
There are several injuries you can suffer after a car accident. Shoulder, neck, and back pain are common injuries you will likely suffer after an auto accident, but headaches are also common after a collision. Common types of headaches after an accident include:
- Whiplash headaches: Due to impact, your head may snap back and forth, overstretching the neck’s ligaments and tendons beyond their limit. After a whiplash injury, you may have symptoms like dizziness, neck pain, and stiffness, but head pain is also a common symptom.
- Post-traumatic headache: Trauma to the head or neck may cause pain that shows up days or even weeks after the impact. Post-traumatic headaches may be due to a concussion or injury to the upper neck.
- Concussion/migraine headaches: While the skull protects your brain, a violent blow to the head may cause the brain to jerk, leading to migraine headaches. The common symptoms of this headache include light sensitivity, nausea, and dizziness. Other symptoms include ringing in the ears, poor concentration, depression, and irritability.
- Spasm headaches: When the head or neck muscles become injured during an accident, especially after a sudden jolt, it may cause strains or muscle spasms. As a result, you may start experiencing numerous symptoms, including swelling, tenderness, reduced movement, and frequent headaches.
- Pinched nerve: The accident impact may cause nerve impingement on the upper neck, leading to tenderness, tingling, numbness, and pain traveling from the upper neck to the base of the head.
When you have post-accident headaches, chiropractic care effectively reduces the intensity and frequency of your headaches.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
Chiropractic treatment after an accident isn’t one-size-fits-all. We first diagnose your headache, then devise a personalized treatment plan to manage your symptoms. Depending on the type of your headache, we may recommend various treatment options, including:
- Spinal adjustment: Aligning your spine opens up your nervous system, leading to better coordination of body functions. An optimally working nervous system coordinates body functions better, including pain management.
- Massage therapy: It relieves pain caused by whiplash and other car accident injuries by reducing tension in tight muscles.
- Ultrasound Therapy: This naturally treats affected areas of the body and improves the patient’s recovery time
Visit Us for Headache Treatment from Our Hartford Chiropractor
Are you suffering from head pain after a car accident in West Harford, CT? Please book an appointment with West Hartford Chiropractic LLC for natural and effective pain relief.